Summer Vegetables & Quinoa
Healthy, fresh, tasty, nutritious, energizing...need I go on?
- 6oz Quinoa
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup collard greens, roughly chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- crumbled feta cheese to top (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Once boil has been reached add the butter to the quinoa as it simmers for 15 minutes
- In a large pan heat olive oil on medium high heat until fragrant. Add garlic and shallot to the pan for about 1 minute.
- Then add zucchini and bell pepper to the pan and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Vegetables should begin to get softer.
- Add greens and tomatoes to the pan and continue to cook over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Tomatoes should get soft and greens should be wilted. Salt and pepper if desired.
- Once quinoa has been fully cooked add it to the vegetables in the pan and stir together.
- Finally, remove from pan and serve immediately. Add a handful of crumbled feta cheese to each serving if desired.