Black Bean, Lentils, Chickpea Stew
It’s that time of the year again where all you want is something warm and comforting to eat. This stew will get the job done. This is a slow cooker recipe where there is barely any prep time. All you really have to do is dump the ingredients, turn the crockpot on high and walk away. This recipe keeps really well for leftovers so you’ve got lunch made for the week.
- One 16oz bag of uncooked chickpeas
- One 16oz bag of uncooked black beans
- One large can (16.25 oz) of whole kernel corn
- One cup chopped onion
- One cup chopped pancetta (optional)
- One cup green lentils
- 2-3 large garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley and chives to garnish (optional)
- Dump beans and chickpeas into crockpot
- Layer the pancetta over the beans and add garlic and seasoning - including salt and pepper.
- Add 4 cups broth or enough to cover the beans and chickpeas 1/4 inch.
- On top of everything add the corn and onions. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!