General Tso's Chicken
Shake things up with this easy crockpot recipe! This will be a new family favorite and you won't have to tell them it's healthy. My picky eaters devoured it so I know it's a winner. Try it out for a new weeknight meal!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 green onions chopped**optional
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds**optional
For the Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cooked rice or quinoa to serve with if you'd like!
- Mix together corn starch, salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat
- Add corn starch mixture and chicken pieces to a large zip lock bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken.
- Add coated chicken pieces to the warmed pan. Saute 1-2 minutes until browned. Don't worry if the chicken isn't cooked all the way through because it will cook fully in the crock pot.
- In another bowl combine all sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Add half to the crockpot along with chicken pieces. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Immediately before serving, Add remaining sauce to the crockpot and stir gently. Serve with rice. Enjoy!
~thank you at creme de la crumb!