Portobello Mushroom Pizza
This recipe is beyond simple. If you're exhausted and don't really feel like cooking this is your recipe. If you're trying to eat better and don't want carbs late in the day this recipe is perfect. If you want something delicious and different than regular pizza, guess what? This is the recipe! Only 5 ingredients and very little time. Make it tonight!
- Large portobello mushroom caps; remove gills.
- Cherry or plum tomatoes; halved
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil; chopped
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Brush the caps inside and all around with olive oil
- Place your chopped tomatoes in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with olive oil, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Let the flavors marinate for a few minutes.
- Put the caps on a baking sheet (line it with tin foil for easy clean up) and fill each cap with mozzarella cheese. Next spoon in the tomato mixture and bake until cheese is melted. Approximately 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the mushroom. Enjoy!