Fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions, shrimp and parsley make this recipe unbeatable in flavor!
This recipe is so easy to make and the bonus is it tastes great! If you want to make this recipe healthier simply substitute it with whole wheat pasta.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow or white onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper* very potent
- 1 pound dry pasta, cooked, not rinsed
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the grapeseed oil. Allow the oil to warm until hot. Once heated, reduce the heat to medium, and then add the onions and garlic. Cook for 1 minute and stir with a wooden spoon to heat evenly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Next, add the shrimp and continue to cook, stirring throughout. Once the shrimp are pink and a medium-well doneness, 3 to 4 minutes, add the tomatoes and cook for a final 1 minute then remove shrimp and tomatoes from the pan and set aside in a bowl. Add the wine to deglaze the pan. Allow to reduce for 1 minute.
- Stir in the butter, parsley and juice of the lemon, salt and pepper.
- Strain the pasta well then combine it with the shrimp mixture. You can add it back to the pan or pour sauce evenly among each of the servings.