Simple Delicious French Toast
Bread, milk, eggs! That’s all I heard growing up in the northeast whenever a snow storm was heading our way. Bread, milk, eggs!! I’m more of a “Wine, Vodka, Beer!!” kinda gal when preparing to be snowed in for days and days. But that’s another story for another day;)
For this recipe I prefer brioche bread. There is almost nothing better than brioche French toast. For lack of a better word, brioche is perfect. But alas, the grocery store was emptied out. My next choice for bread...challah. But any thick sliced bread will do. I promise!
- thick sliced bread
- 1 cup milk (I used whole)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- freah fruit (optional)
- confectioners sugar (optional)
- maple syrup
- Mix milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla extract together in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter over medium to medium/low heat.
- Coat both sides of bread slices in milk mixture and heat on pan for about two minutes per side.
- Once cooked and golden brown on both sides, serve with fruit, sugar and maple syrup. Personally, I love heating up the syrup in the microwave for about 30 seconds before drizzling all over French toast! Enjoy!