Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Skip the take-out order with all the MSG and sodium and make this super duper easy recipe instead! If you want, cook some rice on the side and truly feel like you've ordered take-out, but this recipe will taste so much more better and it will be healthier! Your heart will thank you!!
- 1.5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 4 tablespoons cold water
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker. Add steak, beef froth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker and add the broccoli. Then in a small bowl whisk corn starch and water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!