Slow Cooker Chili with hints of chocolate and beer!
Curl up on your coach, turn on the tv and grab a bowl of warm, comforting chili! Perfect for football watching, tailgating or a weeknight dinner.
I don't use a fork or a spoon when I eat chili. I devour it with Fritos Scoops. My family loves to tease me about how many chips I grab to sit and eat it but hey! Don't judge!
- 1-1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup red peppers (chopped)
- 1 cup green peppers (chopped)
- 1 can pinto beans (16 oz)
- 1 can chili beans (16 oz)
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes (16 oz)*
- 1 habanero (minced)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 Guinness Stout Beer
- 1 chocolate bar
- salt and pepper
- mild cheddar cheese; shredded *optional
- Brown the meat in a large skillet over medium high heat; add the habanero, oregano and thyme to the meat then add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the meat and the grease with it into your crockpot.
- Return skillet back to the stove and add the peppers. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes (3-5)
- Add peppers to the crockpot.
- Dump in the cans of petite diced tomatoes, beans and tomato paste to the crockpot.
- Stir all together. Then add in the beer and chocolate.
- Cook low for 6-8 hours.
- Scoop out into a bowl and smother with shredded mild cheddar cheese and serve with Fritos Scoops *optional
*For even better results, make this a whole day ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator over night then heat up the next day!