Scrumptious & Simple!
With a panini maker, grill pan or regular frying pan you can make this scrumptious and satisfying sandwich in less than 30 minutes. Bite into the crunchy ciabatta bread and love the sweet juices of jersey tomatoes, melted mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Ciabatta loaf of bread
- 8oz buffalo mozzarella (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- Bunch of basil (pull the basil leaves off the stem)
- Olive oil (2-3 tablespoons)
- Balsamic Vingerette (optional)
- Heat panini maker, or pan over medium high heat. If using a pan, warm the olive oil in the pan.
- Slice the loaf of ciabatta bread horizontally like a huge sandwich and then cut into smaller personal sizes (half of the loaf for 2 big sandwiches or 4 quarters of the loaf for smaller sandwiches) Brush the outside of the sandwich with olive oil.
- Make your sandwich by layering the ingredients, basil, tomato and mozzarella then drizzling a balsamic vinaigrette over the tomatoes and mozzarella - if desired. Then heat until mozzarella begins to melt.
- If using a panini maker, press down on your sandwich until the mozzarella begins to melt.
- If using a pan, place a slightly smaller fitting lid and use it to press the sandwich down and placing the lid down helps to circulate the heat around the entirety of the sandwich; again cook until sandwich is heated through and/or mozzarella has melted.