California Chicken Flatbread with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
Tasty recipe I got from cremedelacrumb.com. I've made it with a few healthier options that I wrote in the ingredients section. Its a perfect recipe for the summer. Lots of fresh ingredients and easy to make in 30 minutes!
- 4 pieces of flatbread or naan bread. Try the wheat flatbread or naan for a more healthy option
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Swap it out for reduced fat part skim milk mozzarella if you want it healthier
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon, chopped. Healthier: Turkey bacon
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing or 1/4 cup light ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a pan or skillet on the stove over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked through and set aside**notes below
- Brush flatbread with olive oil. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with chicken, peppers and bacon. Place on a pizza stone or on a lightly greased sheet of foil and bake on the oven rack for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.**
- Meanwhile whisk together the ranch and chipotle seasoning. Once the flatbread has finished backing top it with the avocado, red onion, cilantro and red pepper flakes. Then drizzle the dressing all over and serve immediately.
**The first time I cooked this I over did the chicken. Be aware of the fact that the chicken is not finished cooking once you remove it from the skillet. You then cook it again later in the oven.
**Keep a close eye on the it when its in the oven so you don't make the mistake I made the first time around and over cook it!
This is a great meal, but can also work as a fun appetizer when cut into bite size pieces!
~597 calories or all healthy options~482 calories