Avacado Toast with Tomatoes, Peppers and Cheese
The amazing thing about this recipe is you can add anything you want to it. I am a huge avocado fan now that I can easily cut one open! So when I'm making this snack/dinner for just myself I will use one avocado and that can be used for at least two or more slices of toast. When making it for the family - two avocados should do it for you.
I prefer to use ciabatta bread for my toast. I am obsessed with it. It's easy to slice and put into your toaster. Don't get me wrong I love a perfectly crusty French baguette but ciabatta is bigger therefore my slices of toast are bigger letting me load it up and that makes me happy!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 slices of bread, toasted
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced and cut into pieces
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- balsamic glaze to garnish
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Next add the lemon juice, salt and pepper, to taste. Then smash the ingredients together with a fork keeping the texture slightly chunky.
2. Spread the mashed avocado evenly onto toasted bread slices. Top with fresh mozzarella slices, tomatoes and peppers. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!