Beet Salad with Goat Cheese & Pine Nuts
Are used to never eat beets. And I used to laugh and get grossed out watching the show "The Office" whenever Dwight would bring them in or eat them in the office. To me, it look disgusting.
But every single time I went out with my girlfriends for dinner inevitably at least one of them would order a beet salad. And they would rave about it. this went on for years. Yes, years. Until finally I went out and ordered a beet salad all by myself like a big girl. Not bad. A couple weeks later I went out again and ordered a different type of beet salad. Again, not bad and I actually started liking them. Next thing I know anytime I am out to eat I'm always looking for a good beet salad. Now I love them. So here is my take on a delicious beet salad.
- 4 medium beets
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- parsley; chopped (optional)
- Heat the oven to 450-degrees.
Loosely wrap the beets in tin foil and roast in the oven until they are fork tender about 30-45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile lightly toast pine nuts in a small pan over medium heat; 1-2 minutes; remove and set aside
3. Remove from oven, place in a strainer and rinse will cold water. Remove skins from beets.
4. Peel and dice the beets into small bite-size cubes.
5. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Finally, drizzle lemon juice and oil all over. Serve and enjoy!