Prosciutto, Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach & Cheese Panini
Even though this is a recipe that you can make in five minutes you must take the time to get quality ingredients. Ya can't just get regular sliced bread. Ya can't just get run-of-the-mill cheese. Why? Because then you will get a mediocre sandwich. And who wants that? Invest a little bit and take the time to get fresh baked goods. And spend the money on quality cheese. I used an Italian blend of cheeses that was unbelievably, deliciously, gooey perfect. I promise if you do this you will be making this Panini at least once a week! It will become a staple of your recipe database. And why shouldn't it? Duh- It's an amazing sandwich that takes five minutes! Hello?! Make it. You'll love it.
- Pane Italian bread
- 8oz prosciutto
- 16oz roasted red peppers
- handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/2 lb shredded Italian blend cheese (pecorino romano and parmigiano reggiano)
- Warm a pan over medium high heat.
- Add in layers - cheese, spinach, peppers then prosciutto. Spread butter all over bread and place it on the pan butter side down. Then butter the top slice of bread.
- Toast for about 2-3 mins or until golden brown, flip and toast the other side. If cheese hasn't melted, cover with a lid for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Dig in!