The Lazy Mom Chicken Quesadilla
This is my lazy mom recipe. There are days that I can't bring myself to cook more than a couple of minutes. When this happens I grab soft tortillas, ground chicken, guacamole and some pre-made salsa and call it a day. To my husband it appears I've made a good meal but to anybody watching me its one of my "I can't Mom today" throw together recipe. I don't think I can even call it a recipe. I feel like I'd be lying because everybody has done some sort of version of this and anybody that likes Mexican can make it. So with that ringing endorsement here it is!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 salsa**optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- pineapple salsa
- Heat pan or skillet over medium high heat for a minute or two then add chicken
- Keep mixing until chicken is cooked through then add salsa and mix thoroughly
- Spoon guacamole over tortilla then sprinkle cheese and finally add chicken.
- In another pan over medium heat warm the tortilla for about 1 minute, once the cheese has melted add another tortilla over it. Press firmly so the cheese and guacamole help the tortillas stick together then flip it!
- Warm for another minute then remove it to a plate or cutting board, cut into triangles and serve with pineapple salsa!