Fig + Prosciutto Pizza
You got to hurry! Fig season is a week at best. Sometimes I only have a few days where figs are sold at my local grocery store. Maybe that's why I love them? It's like that cool boy from high school that only hung around every once in a while. And that just made you like him even more! I guess that's my relationship with figs??? Man, I've got issues. So here is one of my favorite recipes using figs.
Note: You've got to be careful when handling figs. They are incredibly delicate. So just gently slice off the stem and then carefully quarter them.
I used two types of cheese for this recipe. What can I say, I like cheese! There have been many nights where I just eat a block of cheese for dinner. Whatever! Don't judge me!!
So for this particular recipe I used crumbled goat cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Of course you can always choose one or the other but personally goat cheese and figs go together like...pork and beans or peas and carrots or...you get my point;)
And my final touch is honey. Glorious. Rich. Sweet. Honey. Just drizzle it all over after you pull out your warm gooey pizza. You'll love it 😍
- Premade pizza crust (I used Stonefire)
- 3-4 figs; quarted
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- basting oil (optional)
- 4-6 slices of prosciutto
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- handful of basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven according to your pizza crust directions.
- I like to brush a tablespoon or more of the basting oil on the pizza. But again this is completely optional! Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over pizza.
- Place the pizza in the heated oven. Now here's the trick: bake the pizza -minus 2-3 minutes. So if your pizza should be baked for 10 minutes then only bake it for seven or eight. Or like my pizza crust-it called for 5-6 minutes so I only baked it for 3.
- Remove the cheesy pizza from the oven and place it on a safe service. Next place the figs, goat cheese, prosciutto and basil leaves on the pizza and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Take out of the oven, drizzle honey all over, slice it up and serve it up! Enjoy!