Garlic Lemon Scallops with Baked Asparagus
Oh my god I have to start eating better. But I’m so friggin tired and by 5:30 I’m fried and the last thing I want to do is prepare some healthy meal that has a million steps and a prep time that takes an hour. So meet one of my friends: the scallop! They are super duper easy to cook. I’m talking no time at all. And if you invest in a mini quisenart mincing garlic will take you seconds as compared to the minutes it can take by hand. And yes, I’m complaining about manually chopping garlic. That’s how tired/lazy I am! But recipe works, it’s healthy, tasty and easy!
Drizzling and sprinkling and throwing veggies in the oven is a perfect side dish any time you just can’t deal with dinner. Below is a very basic but completely yummy asparagus dish. Give yourself a high-five for adding greens to your dinner. You deserve it.
- Trim a bunch of asparagus and spread over tin foiled baking sheet. Drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil all over then sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper and 2-3tsp garlic powder. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes flipping them over halfway through.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb scallops
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Pat dry all scallops and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a large skillet. Once melted add minced garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute)
- Add scallops to the skillet and cook about 2 minutes on each side. They should have a nice golden sear. Remove from skillet and plate.
- Last, add salt, pepper and lemon juice to the skillet and whisk together for less than a minute. Once fully blended pour over scallops and serve immediately!