Tuesday Night Tostadas
Instead of Taco Tuesday make it Tuesday Night Tostadas. This is another lazy mom cooking recipe that gets the whole family involved. “Make your own” means no tears or whining over dinner. This means no headache for Mom, either. It’s a win win situation!
Vegetarian? No problem. Beans, guacamole, corn, tomatoes and cheese coming up! Carnivores can get served a hefty dollop of chili right on top of the tostada. Vegan? No chili, no cheese = no prob! You are good to go:)
- black beans (I used Cuban Black Beans; 2 cups)
- guacamole; 2 cups
- sweet kernal corn; 2 cups
- 2 large tomatoes; diced
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- chili (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place tostadas on a large baking sheet.
- The layers: black beans or chili, guacamole, corn, tomatoes and lastly cheese. You want to get a big spoonful or two of the beans and guacamole and spread it evenly all over the tostada. Then add about 1/4 cup corn and tomatoes. Lastly, sprinkle or SMOTHER with cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on center rack until cheese is melted. Remove, serve and enjoy!