Pasta with Grape Tomatoes
- 4 cups bowtie pasta (any type of short pasta will work; whole wheat is healthier!)
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound grape tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- basil (for garnish)
- grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to its directions
- Meanwhile cook the minced garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until the garlic becomes fragrant (a few minutes, tops)
- Add the pound of grape tomatoes to the pan and cook over low heat until the tomatoes soften and begin to burst. Turn the heat off.
- Reserve 1/4 water from the pasta
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the pan with the garlic and tomatoes; tossing until pasta is fully coated. (Add pasta water only if the pasta tomatoes mixture becomes too dry)
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chopped basil and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
~Adapted from Bitterns Kitchen Express