Spring Pasta Primavera
- 12 ounces whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 4-5 carrots shredded and cut into round
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 tsp (or to taste)red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- -3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 4-8 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then cook the pasta as the directions tell you. Then add the snap peas, carrots and peppers to the pot during the last two minutes of cooking. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid. Then drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is warm add the garlic to the pan. Keep a close eye making sure the garlic doesn’t burn. Once the garlic is fragrant (about a minute) add the halved grape tomatoes, red pepper flakes. Then lightly salt and pepper the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes get soft, less then 2 minutes. Then add the tomaote mixture to the pasta and veggies.
3. Add the mint. Stir. Then add the reserved cooking liquid and parmesean cheese.
4. Lastly, add the mozzarella to the pot and serve immediately. 4-6 servings; ~330calories per serving
~Adapted from the Food Network