Pan Fried Tilapia with Summer Raspberry & Corn Salad
Inspired recipe from the days I waitressed at the Valley Forge Brew Pub. I loved waitressing. I loved the rush of the lunch and dinner hours. I loved having fun with the other waitstaff, busers, bartenders and kitchen staff. One hot summer day back in 2001 one of the chef's was working on some new recipes in the kitchen and this was one of them...I think. Its hard to remember from that long ago but I definitely remembered the raspberry, corn and beans so I worked on this recipe from there. I hope you enjoy!
Summer Raspberry & Corn Salad Ingredients
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 can (15oz) bread and butter corn, drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, drained, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 6 oz raspberries, halved
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a large microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for one minute or until the sugar has dissolved. Stir
- Add corn and vegetable oil and stir to combine. Then add the celery, onion, and black beans. Season with salt. Next gently roll in the raspberries.
- *Options, you can eat this salad cold or you can warm it up in the oven. Spread salad over a baking dish pan or a baking sheet and heat the salad in the oven at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the tilapia filets in cold water, then pat dry. Season both sides of fish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put 1/2 cup of flour on a plate and dredge the tilapia in the flour. Shake the tilapia to get rid of any excess flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter over medium-high heat in a pan; cook tilapia in the pan for about 4 minutes on each side. Enjoy!