Divine Coffee & Brown Sugar Spare Ribs Recipe
This is my husband's delicious spare ribs recipe. He uses brown mustard not only for flavor but also to act as a glue for the rub to stick to; however, if brown mustard isn't your thing, lemon juice is a tasty alternative. I love it when he makes it and its perfect for summer grilling!
- Center cut Pork Spare Ribs ~3.25lbs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ground coffee
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- brown mustard - enough to coat the ribs
- salt and pepper
- Coat ribs with the brown mustard.
- Mix brown sugar, coffee, garlic powder, cumin and liberal pinches of salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Coat the ribs with the coffee/sugar mix.
Options for cooking:
- Bake in the oven for 2 1/2 - 3 hours at 300 degrees, or
- Grill medium-low heat at 325-350 degrees for 2-3 hours.
You will know that the meat is done when it shrinks back to the bone about a quarter of an inch and the ribs should tear apart at the bones. Be careful not to burn your fingers!