Fish Tacos with Watermelon Salsa
Perfectly paired dish. The flakey, buttery fish compliments the fresh and zesty watermelon salsa plus adding the baby romaine slices gives it the perfect crunch you're looking for!
Be careful when handling any hot pepper! I love my mini Quisanart. It saves me from accidentally touching my eye with remnants of jalapeño on my fingers - ouch!!
- 4 cups diced watermelon; seedless is best
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tsps lime juice; fresh lime juice is best and extra limes sliced for serving is ideal
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 pound cod (loin is more flaky which perfect for tacos)
- 2 baby romaine lettuce heads, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- combine watermelon, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeño in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, few pinches of salt and toss together.
- Preheat grill to high or if you don't have a grill use a grill pan.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with salt, then drizzle both sides with olive oil. Brush the grill or grill pan with some olive oil and add the fish
- Cook fish all the way through; about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to a plate and break apart into small bite sized pieces.
Meanwhile warm the tortillas on the grill or grill pan, about 1 minute per tortilla. Remove the tortilla from heat and fill it with the lettuce and fish . Add the watermelon salsa and avocados. Serve with a some lime wedges!
~437 Calories per serving/taco
Food Network Kitchen