Frittata with Asparagus, Onion and Goat Cheese
Asparagus is abundant these days so why not use them in a delicious frittata?! This recipe is a super easy one and it requires one pan - that makes it even better!! You can always substitute the 6 large eggs for 8 large egg whites if you desire a more healthy breakfast:)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ~15 asparagus spears, chopped and tough ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- preheat oven to 400 F. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended.
- heat a 10 inch oven proof skillet (I used my cast iron skillet) over medium heat and when the pan is hot add oil, then asparagus, then onions and cook for about 1 minute
- whisk the egg mixture again then pour it all over the vegetables in the skillet. Sprinkle goat cheese on top.
- transfer the skillet to the center rack of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it's puffed up and firm in the center.
- remove and let it cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve! Enjoy:)