Herb & Radish Salad
Light, super fresh and crispy! This salad delivers on taste and it’s healthy. Tasty and healthy? Those don’t go together very easily, so when I made this I was thrilled that my whole extended family devoured it. Thanks to the NYTimes food section for highlighting this fabulous recipe a few weeks ago. I was forced to change just a couple of ingredients but it didn’t effect the overall flavor.
Instead of walnuts I swapped in almonds. I had zero fresh tarragon so I didn’t add the 2 sprigs I was suppose to but it still tasted amazing. I promise! Slicing the radishes and cucumbers was the only slightly time consuming step but it only took 10 minutes. The entirety of the recipe took 20 minutes. So if you’re busy or tired or both - this recipe is for you!
- 1 cup crushed almonds
- 2 bunches of radishes (12-15) thinly sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chives cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves and stem
- 1 cup loosely packed dill
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- Slice radishes and cucumbers and place them in a medium sized bowl and add nuts
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk lemon juice and olive oil together to make the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, season the cucumbers, radishes and nuts with a pinch of salt and 3-4 TBSP of dressing. Toss to combine. Next, add in feta cheese and gently stir. Arrange everything in a large shallow bowl or platter.
- Place herbs in the medium mixing bowl and season with a pinch of salt. Add 1 TBSP dressing and toss to combine. Place herbs over cucumbers and radishes. Enjoy!