Simple and elegant. Tea sandwiches are a staple for any brunch, lunch or anytime of day. These delectable almost bite sized sandwiches are also fabulous for baby/bridal showers. They take minimal time to prepare but look like you got them catered;)
I used clotted cheese for this recipe. I saw it used in another recipe and thought “why not try it out?” It’s a little bit lighter than cream cheese and you should be able to find it in the fine cheese section at your local grocery store. Try it out, it doesn’t disappoint!
- 6 ounces clotted cheese
- 4 tbsp fresh basil; chopped
- zest of half a lemon
- 4-6 strawberries; thinly sliced
- 1 large unseeded cucumber; thinly sliced
- sliced bread
- In a medium bowl combine cheese, lemon zest and basil and stir
- Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture on one side of each bread.
- Evenly layer the cucumbers and strawberries. You can eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for later!