Lemon Arugula Pasta with Tomatoes
Doesn't this look so pretty?! I love to eat pretty food. Bright vibrant colors means a fresh and yummy meal. Pasta with vegetables recipes have been done a million times and please don't get me wrong I cook that type of meal all the time. And I enjoy it. But what makes this recipe stand out is the lemon zest! It gives it that je ne sais quoi. Earthy arugula, spicy tomatoes and melty burrata cheese are a divine combo that you must treat yourself to right now!
Plus, its a 30 minute recipe! Whaaat? Yup, 30 minutes and you are eating a healthy and satisfying meal. And if you make too much don't fret, it keeps great as leftovers for a lunch the next day.
- 1 package Rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 package baby arugula
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, cut into smaller 1-inch chunks
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Grated fresh parmesan cheese, optional
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until soft, 1 - 2 minutes. Next add the lemon zest and tomatoes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Pour pasta into the skillet and add arugula. If needed you may add the reserved pasta water if the skillet is too dry and gently toss until arugula is wilted. Top with burrata cheese and gently stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place pasta into serving bowls and top with parmesan, if desired. Devour:)