Orecchiette with Rappi & Meatless Sausage
A big thank you to Wegmans for this awesome recipe! Anytime I see multiple cloves of garlic in a recipe I know it's going to taste amazing. It calls for a meatless sausage but if you're feeling more like a carnivore add regular sausage to satisfy your senses. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and the family will enjoy it immensely!
- One package or a chatty pasta cooked according to package directions
- 12 ounces trimmed and chopped rappi
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- One package meatless sausage, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions and save 1/2 cup pasta water
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Once boil has started add the rappi and cook for two minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the pan is warm add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until garlic is soft but not browned. Add sausage cook stirring occasionally for about 6 to 7 minutes. Stir and rappi, cook one minute.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water to pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Heat all the way through for about three minutes. Garnish with cheese. Enjoy!