Mid Summer Salad
Buy it, chop it, eat it! Don’t over think food. Good ingredients = good food. The fresher the food the better your recipe. Grab whatever fresh fruit you have available and make a salad. It’s truly that easy!
Anytime you have sweeter ingredients you should then think about salt and/or spice. I’ve added delicious peaches and tart blackberries to this salad. So I chose to pair my fruits with a jalapeño lime dressing. And it works! Try out new flavors and expand your palate. I promise it won’t disappoint!
- spring mix; 10oz
- 2 peaches; sliced or cubed
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 shallot; thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper; to taste
- jalapeño lime dressing; to taste
- Place spring mix, peaches, blackberries, shallot and corn in a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and mix.
- Add dressing and mix.
- Divide among plates and garnish with goat cheese. Enjoy!