Brussel Sprouts Two Ways
Drenched in olive oil and garlic or glazed with bacon bits is the only way to eat brussel sprouts...in my humble opinion. These naturally bitter vegetables take on a whole new life when cooked with delicious ingredients and spices.
Try one or both of these recipes. They are perfect as a side dish to virtually any meal. And of course if I'm cooking something - it's going to be an easy to follow recipe. Enjoy!
Parmesan Garlic Brussel Sprouts:
- cut desired amount of brussel sprouts in half and spread all over a baking tray
- drizzle olive oil (3-4 TBSP) and lemon juice (1-2 TBSP) over brussel sprouts. Mince 2-3 garlic cloves and sprinkle all over. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until roasted. Remove from oven and generously sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese.
Bacon & Brussel Sprouts
- slice bacon into slivers (but not too small) and place all over baking tray.
- cut Brussel sprouts in half and place on the tray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes then shake them up so that both sides get crispy. Bake for another 12 minutes.
- remove and place in a serving dish, giving them a healthy stir. Enjoy!